الأربعاء، 26 أكتوبر 2011

Know your Mind Love your Body... You're a Woman.... and That's enough

Love Your Body Day! 

When we talk about loving our bodies, we often talk about loving what we look like.

There’s certainly something to be said for loving the way you look – and when you’re a woman in this culture, it’s easier said than done.

I think it’s important, revolutionary even, to fight a culture that says we’re never attractive enough, and that links attractiveness to worth and love. I think that learning to love how we look is a powerful political act. But I also think it’s important to think about what our bodies can do rather than simply how they look. After all, a core part of feminism is valuing people as whole people – not as sexual objects or walking stereotypes – and valuing them for what they do. So on Love Your Body Day, I want to take a moment to appreciate the things my body can do.

My body can do alot, and for that, I love it.


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق